Founded in 1997 and serving nine counties in Southeast Missouri, SEMO-NASV is the only Child Advocacy Center and Rape Crisis Center in Southeast Missouri that provides support to children that have been physically or sexually abused and adults that have been sexually assaulted.
Our mission statement: The Southeast Missouri Network Against Sexual Violence seeks to be an advocate for those affected by sexual trauma through the coordination of community services to provide professional, compassionate, and timely interventions and education.
In order to help sexually and physically abused children and survivors of sexual assault heal and become whole again, your financial assistance is vital. All services at SEMO-NASV are provided at no cost to clients. We depend on private donors, small businesses, and local corporations to help meet our financial goals. Whether you donate financially or provide something from our wish list (bottom of page), your gift will make a difference in the life of a child or adult survivor. We thank you for your donation and support!
If you have any questions or are looking for other ways to get involved, please feel free to reach out to Alix Gasser, Development Director, via email at email@example.com or by call/text at (573) 579-5214.
You can find additional information in our 2022 Annual Report.
2021 Annual Report
The Missouri “Champion for Children” Tax Credit & The Domestic Violence Shelter and Rape Crisis Center Tax Credit
By contributing to SEMO-NASV, you will not only help provide vital services for survivors of sexual violence, but you will also have the opportunity to receive a tax credit of up to 50% of your contribution. For more information, contact SEMO-NASV or the Missouri Department of Revenue Tax Bureau at https://dor.mo.gov/tax-credits/cfc.html. You can also find more information at the Missouri Department of Social Services at https://dss.mo.gov/dfas/taxcredit/.
SEMO-NASV has provided some additional information about Missouri Income Tax Credits: SEMO-NASV Tax Credit Information.
Private and corporate donations of any amount are appreciated.
Other Ways to Support SEMO-NASV
- If your organization, society, or group is hosting an event, why not make it a fundraiser for SEMO-NASV? Proceeds from private, corporate, or public events help us provide our programs to help child and adult survivors of sexual violence in your community. Please call us first before the event. Tax deductible cash donations to SEMO-NASV provide much needed funding for the support and expansion of existing programs. Facebook Fundraisers are also an easy way for you to support SEMO-NASV!
- Did you know that many companies offer a gift matching program to encourage philanthropy among their employees? That means your charitable donation may be worth double, or sometimes triple, what you originally gifted, increasing your impact. Most of the time it is as easy as filling out a simple form or online application with your employer. For more information, contact your HR Department or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Did you know that SEMO-NASV accepts gifts from Donor Advised Funds (DAFs) as well as Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCDs) from IRAs? Please consider recommending to your Financial Advisor that they support SEMO-NASV. For additional information about QCDs: SEMO-NASV QCD from IRA Information.
- Like, Comment, and Share SEMO-NASV’s Facebook posts: www.facebook.com/semonasv1.
SEMO-NASV has ongoing needs for consumable supplies in our office. Any dollar we can save on supplies allows us more funds to serve our clients. If you would like to help, we are happy to accept donations of the following supplies or through our Amazon Wishlist:
SEMO-NASV can use small denomination gift cards to assist clients visiting and receiving services:
- Gas Cards (to assist clients driving from southeast Missouri)
- Local Fast Food Gift Cards (for clients with interviews and exams during lunch or after hours)
After a victim has experienced sexual assault, we must collect all their clothing for the Sexual Assault Kit (SAK). This leaves them with nothing to return home in. We are always in need of comfortable, new-with-tag, clothing items:
- Comfortable pants (leggings and sweats) – sizes XS to 3XL
- Comfortable shirts – sizes XS to 3XL
- Sweatshirts for colder months – sizes XS to 3XL
- Bras (sports bras preferred) – sizes XS to 3XL
- Underwear – sizes XS to 3XL
- Flip-flops or slides – sizes 5 to 12
- Child clothing items (toddler to teen) – pants, shirts, underwear, etc.
- Lightweight coats – Child through Adult
SEMO-NASV can also use travel-sized personal care items for survivors:
- Toothbrushes and Toothpaste
- Shampoo and Conditioner
- Body Wash or Soap
- Deodorant or Body Spray
- Combs and Brushes
For survivors and their families that are in our waiting rooms, we are seeking these new or gently used items:
- Children’s books
- Children’s magazines
- Small hand-held games
- Toy cars or trucks
- Fidget items
- Coloring books
- Games (wooden puzzles or other games that one or two can play)
- Beanie Babies
To add to the comfort of our visitors, we can use:
- Juice boxes
- Individually wrapped snacks (chips, cookies, fruit snacks, raisins, etc.)
*We ask that you avoid snacks with peanuts/peanut butter for those with allergies ~ Thank you!
- Bottled water (small bottles)
As with any facility that sees many people, we must keep the spread of germs to a minimum. We can use:
- Clorox Wipes
- Lysol Spray
- Paper Towels
- Boxes of Kleenex
- Hand Sanitizer
- Copy Paper
- DVD-R discs
- DVD paper sleeves